Aadhar enrollment is done at an Aadhar Center or as it is called enrollment center.
The Aadhar Center place where enrollment process includes visiting Enrollment Centre, filling the enrollment form, getting demographic and biometric data captured, submitting proof of Identity and address documents, before collecting acknowledgement slip containing Enrollment ID. The highlights of Aadhaar enrollment are:
- Aadhaar enrolment is free of cost.
- You can go to any authorized Aadhaar Center anywhere in India with proof of identity and proof of address documents
- UIDAI process accepts wide range of PoI (Proof of Identity) and PoA (Proof of Address) documents and other supporting documents.
- Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – Landline telephone bills for the last three months.
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In this case the Head of Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the Family can then introduce other members in the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts many document types as Proof of Relationship.
- Where there are no documents available, resident may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducersare notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact office of the concerned Registrar.
To summarise, there are three approaches for enrollment at Aadhar Center:
- Submission of one valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and one valid Proof of Address(PoA) document
HEAD OF FAMILY (HoF)-BASED
- Head of family (HoF) may introduce family members by means of documents, which establish the Proof of Relationship (PoR).
- In the absence of valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and valid Proof of Address (PoA) document, an introducer’s service can be leveraged. An introducer is a person appointed by the Registrar and should have a valid Aadhaar number .
- At the enrollment Centre, please fill your personal details within the Enrollment Form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrollment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an enrollment number and other details captured during enrolment. Any correction in the enrollment data can be done within 96 hours of enrollment by visiting the enrollment centre with the acknowledgement slip.
- You need to enrol only once at the Aadhar Center, as multiple enrollments will result in rejections unless it is advised by UIDAI.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR.
Aadhar Center Enrollment
Enrollment at Aadhar Center in all the states/Union Territories is being covered by UIDAI and Office of the Registrar General of India (RGI). Aadhaar Enrolment activities are being carried out exclusively by RGI along with preparation of National Population Register (NPR) in Assam and Meghalaya. Residents of all other states/UTs are required to enrol only at an Aadhaar Center Enrolment /Aadhaar Center Camps or at any Permanent Enrolment Centre.